Welcome to the International Accelerator
IA helps foreign-born entrepreneurs access the U.S. market and find funding.
Where and how can I apply?
Your startup can apply by visiting the link at the top of the website or by visiting the link here.
What are the requirements?
We typically want applicants which fall into the proper stage we are targeting as well as an industry which is growing. We outline several sections below to help address any concerns about the application process.
What stages are accepted?
We accept applicants from all industries which are dominantly in the early stage or early venture (before series A).
From time to time, we do receive and accept applicants from both below (idea stage) and above (growth stage) these bounds.
If I have received prior funding, am I still eligible?
Is there a fee to apply?
Do you have any country restrictions?
We love to accept applicants from any country. However, there maybe difficulties due to recent laws put in place from our current presidential administration.
Applicants from Libya, Iran, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, North Korea, and Venezuela are suspended from receiving a U.S. Visas, with very little exceptions being made.
At this time, IA cannot help with granting waivers or obtaining a U.S. Visa in these circumstances, unfortunately.
The application is long, do I need to fill all of it out?
The more we understand your business, the better we can assess whether or not IA is a good fit for you. It also helps speed up the entire process outlined below.
Okay I've applied, what are the next steps?
Great! We receive quite a bit of applicants every day. You can expect to receive correspondence after a few days - in some cases 2-3 weeks (if we have a burst of applicants).
The process looks like the following:
- Startup applies to IA
- IA corresponds with the startup
- Startup sends additional data to IA
- A few live video discussions to help answer questions from either side
- IA approves or declines the startup. A term sheet is issued and a signature is required to proceed to the next step
- After terms are signed, IA schedules the final startups a slot for a live video interview with the Investment Committee (IC)
- IC approves or declines the startup
- Further legal paperwork is issued and signatures are required
- Startup and IA negotiate the timeline for the move to the U.S.
I've missed the deadline, can I still apply?
We host approximately four (4) selection events per year. You can apply to the next selection event a few days after it closes.
Do you have more information about your program?
Yes. Please checkout our Program FAQ. If you still have any questions, please let us know via the
Contact Us button at the bottom of the page.