Welcome to the International Pitching Competition registration page. Carefully read the information below detailing the schedule during March 7th-9th.
Now is a good time to
bookmark this page as it is updated with more information prior to the event dates.
Please take into consideration all travel and lodging costs ahead of time.
closeson Friday, March 1st at 10:00pm
We have a group of industry mentors who are available to help tailor your pitch throughout the day. A list of coaches is made available on this page approaching the date so you may plan accordingly. While optional, we highly recommend attending the coaching event as our mentors assist you in guiding your presentation towards the judging criteria.
- 8:15am - Continental breakfast, networking, and welcome announcement
- 8:30am - 9:00am - Startups start finding our Coaches in the auditorium for mentorship. You're encouraged to visit as many coaches as possible!
- 1:00pm - Conclusion
We are hosting a pitching competition for international startups around the globe. Your live pitch is judged with winners announced at the end of the day. Please don't forget to read our FAQ section.
Ideally, everyone needs to show up at 7:30am for a light continental breakfast and networking with the judges, other startups, and IA's staff. If your scheduled time is later in the afternoon, feel free to leave and come back; however, we recommend you are in the auditorium 1-hour before your scheduled time. Most startups like to stay for the majority of the day to hear feedback and learn from how others are performing. We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to learn from your peers. If you're late to your scheduled pitching time, you are disqualified and skipped - no exceptions.
Presentations are to be given live, in-person, and in English.
- 7:30am - Continental breakfast, networking, and welcome announcement
- 8:30am - First startup pitching
- 12:00pm - Brief lunch break
- 12:30pm - Startups resume pitching
- 5:30pm - 6:00pm - Conclusion and Top 10 startups announced shortly afterward
- - Break -
- 6:30pm - 8:30pm - Reception ceremony located at Silicon Labs, 200 West Cesar Chavez, networking, and announcement of the top 3 startups
How long is my presentation supposed to be?
You pitch in person, in the auditorium and your total time is 10 minutes:
- 5 minutes to pitch
- 3 minutes for Q&A
- 2 minutes to transition on/off the stage
If you exceed your allotted time, you are cut off.
We have a designated seating area for the next startup in line to pitch. This is to facilitate the quick transition on and off stage. Please ensure you are seated in this zone or you risk being disqualified.
We have visual queue cards held up by our staff in the audience which dictate when 2.5 minutes pass and when there is 30 seconds remaining.
What is the judging criteria?
Your startup is judged on several metrics which typically follow an industry standard. Scoring is on a scale of 1 - 10 for each category. Since the judges only have a brief amount of time for evaluation, your pitch should clearly articulate the following:
- Problem - Is there a real need/demand?
- Market - Large and/or growing market?
- Solution - Value Prop? Monetization potential?
- Product/Service - Is the business model sustainable? Traction? MVP? IP?
- Competition - Direct vs Indirect? Barriers? Differentiation?
- Team - Domain expertise, startup experience, presentation skills, leadership, key relationships?
We highly recommend attending our Coaching Day to help tailor your pitch to the above criteria.
Where do I submit my pitch deck?
Your presentation needs to be in English and exported to a
<Startup name>_<mm-dd-yyyy>.pdf and upload them here no later than Monday, March 4th. It's very important to submit your presentation early. This is to give the judges more time to review your presentation and make a better assessment before you pitch.
For pitch deck changes made during the Coaching Day, presentations are accepted until 7:00pm on March 7th at the latest - no exceptions. Please bring a USB with your presentation backed up just in case.
Will there be spectators?
Yes, we invite people to watch the competition. You are welcome to bring your own support group.
Will you serve lunch?
Unfortunately, no. We offer coffee in the morning. Since the pitching competition is located on the campus of Huston-Tillotson University, there is a cafeteria near by and lunch is $8.00.
What if I missed my time slot or are late?
You are skipped and disqualified. Absolutely, no exceptions.
I have other questions, who do I contact?
Please click the
Contact Us button in the footer of our website.
Following the pitching competition, we have an exclusive Top 10 Startup Saturday Breakfast Briefing planned for the Top 10 startups, who get to network with IA, learning more about its accelerator program.
This briefing is only for the Top 10 startups:
- 8:00am - Taco & coffee breakfast, followed by an IA briefing from our founder
- 8:15am - Q&A networking for startups to ask questions about the International Accelerator
- 9:30am - Conclusion
At the Mexic-Arte Museum in downtown Austin, TX, located at 419 S. Congress.